Gorilla Gym Core Unit Named to “15 Best Pull Up Bars” List by AskMen.com
As much as you hate them, experts suggest pull-ups are the go-to exercise for building upper body strength and intensifying workouts for fat-shredding bliss. And one way of pushing forward is by investing in an elite pull-up bar system.
These body-lifting platforms make working out at home or on the road super-convenient. On top of saving you travel time to the local Equinox, they are designed to deliver effective results in a shorter time frame, while taking the most advantage of your home settings. Like any fitness product, certain key factors will determine the perfect pull-up bar for you. Take this checklist of musts into account before heading towards the checkout counter:
- Assemblage: Something that can easily be put together saves you the hassle and time of hiring an installation expert.
- Compactness: Depending on your workout space, you might want something portable enough to fit between doorways or take on the road.
- Durability: Fancy a device cast in steel housing for damage-free results and longevity.
- Multi-functional: Several bars come with multiple gripping positions and accessories to experience full body workouts.
- Leverage: Stability is vital for any pull-up bar, so any systems with strong grip support for doorways, walls, or ceilings are worth owning.
- Weight: The standard pull-up bar carries an est. capacity of 300 lbs, though some models support higher body densities.
Familiarizing oneself with these signature attributes is a good start; up next is finding the right style of pull-up bar. Ask yourself if it’s something used to inspire daily exercising, or are you looking to make it part of the ultimate home gym setup? Maybe something to fulfill your travel fitness needs? Look over these popular pull-up bar types and make the call:
- Doorway: Better known as telescopic bars, they extend and wedge between the uprights of a door frame with no assembling required.
- Free standing: Tower-based machines with a stable footprint to manage weight and standard upper body exercises.
- Portable: Travel-friendly bars that can be disassembled into a lightly storage size.
- Station: Identified mostly as home gyms with multiple exercise stations for hardcore exercisers.
- Wall/Ceiling: Mount these onto either surface to keep the system parallel to the ground and expand your workout space.
Now comes crunch time. To help pick the right bar for you, we compiled this killer collection of the industry’s best pull-bars. The path to shredded abs and toned traps lies ahead!
Gorilla Gym Pull Up Bar Core Unit
Best: Upper-body bar
Around-the-worlds, eccentrics, L-sits, and wide grips — this lightweight bar was assembled for every pull-up variation that counts. Patented vice-grips get you up to three times more upper-body strengthening, balancing the unit for excessive swinging without door-frame slippage. Gorilla Gym includes a variety of plug-and-play attachments, which allows gym rats to box, run, swing, weight train, and practice yoga when necessary.